Terressentials is a USDA certified, organic mud wash made with bentonite clay. I usually wash with rhassoul, but I wanted to give bentonite another shot. I've only been washing with this the past few weeks and I've used the whole bottle.
|This bottle was the 16oz bottle of Lavender Garden |
scented Terressentials hair wash.
I marked the bottle with the mud level when I received it and after each wash. I did get only four washes out of it. The first was was after I had done the mini twists. The only product I used on those mini twists was Oyin juices and berries. That was obviously really easy to wash out since I didn't use a lot of mud the first wash. I wore a wash n go for a couple of days before the second wash. I don't use any product with my wash and go, so that wasn't a wash that used a whole lot of product either. I went back to my twists with shea butter before the third and fourth washes. You can see I used more product each of those times. Shea butter is my go to product, so I will have to take it or leave it. I may add water to the bottle and shake it up to get the last of the mud out next wash and use rhassoul on whatever it left.
OH! That was a 16oz bottle of Terressentials. Before shipping, it runs $20.50. That is $5 each time I wash my hair. I pay $5 for 100g of rhassoul powder to wash my hair when I use that. I can sometimes pull two washes with 100g, but it's been months since I used strictly clay. I will have to verify that I can still do that. Both products have to be ordered online for me either way.
I do like this wash, but I still think I like my rhassoul a little more. The detangling is easier with rhassoul for me--I just have to mix my mud and put it into a bottle before I hop into the shower. The extra time is worth it. I do, however, plan to keep a bottle of this on hand for my convenience. Terressentials ships out of Maryland and that isn't too long of a shipping time for me. The website it very helpful when researching. Keep in mind that my hair is thick and APL (armpit length) when stretched. Some will get more or less washes out of a bottle than I did.
- The scent was not too strong or overbearing. It doesn't linger either.
- It was easy to apply using my usual section and wash method. It was also very easy to rinse out.
- My scalp was clean without any leftover mud or dirt residue afterwards.
- After the detoxing period, your hair will come to life!
- It is convenient not to mix before each shower like I'd been doing previously.
- It is USDA certified organic.
- I with I could get it to last a little longer. With conventional shampoo that lathers, you can spread a little shampoo over a larger area of your head.
- If you are new to mud washing, you will have to endure a "detoxing period" that is usually three washes.